Re: [perlguitest] I am new to PERL

  • Santosh Kumar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2006
      Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
      Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if you are aware of.
      Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz every body would wish to have a nice time.
      ~Santosh

      PS: Don't feel offended.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2006
        On 8/10/06, Santosh Kumar <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:

        > Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
        > Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if you are aware of.
        > Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz every body would wish to have a nice time.
        > ~Santosh
        >
        > PS: Don't feel offended.

        then please don't offend.

        While you are right, this is not a forum to teach Perl we can still
        *kindly* point people
        to the right forums. e.g. http://learn.perl.org/ or in more general to
        http://www.perl.org/
        or to a specific tutorial or book you like.
        http://qa.perl.org can be mentioned for generic QA and Perl related questions.

        We should make sure people feel welcomed to ask questions regarding
        Win32::GuiTest but are not thrown out even if they ask questions only
        slightly related to it.

        Gabor
      • Maheshreddy Buthalapalli
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
          Hi Mr. Gabor,
          Thank You for ur reply....and also for the links...Have a nice time...

          ---Mahesh

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Gabor Szabo" <szabgab@...> wrote:

            > On 8/10/06, Santosh Kumar <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
            > > Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better
            try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if
            you are aware of.
            > > Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where
            people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz
            every body would wish to have a nice time.
            > > ~Santosh
            > >
            > > PS: Don't feel offended.
            >
            > then please don't offend.
            >
            > While you are right, this is not a forum to teach Perl we can still
            > *kindly* point people
            > to the right forums. e.g. http://learn.perl.org/ or in more general
            > http://www.perl.org/
            > or to a specific tutorial or book you like.
            > http://qa.perl.org can be mentioned for generic QA and Perl related
            questions.

            > We should make sure people feel welcomed to ask questions regarding
            > Win32::GuiTest but are not thrown out even if they ask questions
            only
            > slightly related to it.
            >
            > Gabor

            Gabor,
            I do respect your point of view. However in this particular case I do
            not agree with you. I am realy annoyed by all those jerks building
            their reputation by answering RTFM to any question. But from the
            other hand there is a limit of obviousness, which should not be
            exceeded.
            If somebody asks a question on this forum how to learn perl, he/she
            proves that:

            1. He/she did not bother checking what is the profile of this group
            2. He did not bother searching google. "learn perl" and "learning
            perl" gives so obvious results that I can't think of any explanation
            for asking such a basic question here.

            Such attitudes annoy me and I can imagine that they can annoy others.

            I don't want to start a discussion. As I said, I respect your point
            of view, but as a second moderator, want to mention that my opinion
            in this matter is different

            --Piotr