Re: [perlguitest] I am new to PERL

  • Santosh Kumar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2006
      Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
      Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if you are aware of.
      Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz every body would wish to have a nice time.
      ~Santosh

      PS: Don't feel offended.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2006
        Hi Mahesh

        You can start read from active perl and read basics and slowly try to work on guitest in perl

        ram

        Maheshreddy Buthalapalli <mahireddy_b@...> wrote:
        HI guys,
        I am a Testing aspirant..I am new to PERL Testing..can any one help me whr to start...and how much helpful is PERL for me as a tester..plz refer me some sites to learn Testing using PERL...

        Have a nice time...Mahi

      • Gabor Szabo
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2006
          On 8/10/06, Santosh Kumar <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:

          > Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
          > Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if you are aware of.
          > Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz every body would wish to have a nice time.
          > ~Santosh
          >
          > PS: Don't feel offended.

          then please don't offend.

          While you are right, this is not a forum to teach Perl we can still
          *kindly* point people
          to the right forums. e.g. http://learn.perl.org/ or in more general to
          http://www.perl.org/
          or to a specific tutorial or book you like.
          http://qa.perl.org can be mentioned for generic QA and Perl related questions.

          We should make sure people feel welcomed to ask questions regarding
          Win32::GuiTest but are not thrown out even if they ask questions only
          slightly related to it.

          Gabor
        • Maheshreddy Buthalapalli
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
            Hi Mr. Gabor,
            Thank You for ur reply....and also for the links...Have a nice time...

            ---Mahesh

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
              --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Gabor Szabo" <szabgab@...> wrote:

              > On 8/10/06, Santosh Kumar <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
              > > Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better
              try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if
              you are aware of.
              > > Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where
              people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz
              every body would wish to have a nice time.
              > > ~Santosh
              > >
              > > PS: Don't feel offended.
              >
              > then please don't offend.
              >
              > While you are right, this is not a forum to teach Perl we can still
              > *kindly* point people
              > to the right forums. e.g. http://learn.perl.org/ or in more general
              > http://www.perl.org/
              > or to a specific tutorial or book you like.
              > http://qa.perl.org can be mentioned for generic QA and Perl related
              questions.

              > We should make sure people feel welcomed to ask questions regarding
              > Win32::GuiTest but are not thrown out even if they ask questions
              only
              > slightly related to it.
              >
              > Gabor

              Gabor,
              I do respect your point of view. However in this particular case I do
              not agree with you. I am realy annoyed by all those jerks building
              their reputation by answering RTFM to any question. But from the
              other hand there is a limit of obviousness, which should not be
              exceeded.
              If somebody asks a question on this forum how to learn perl, he/she
              proves that:

              1. He/she did not bother checking what is the profile of this group
              2. He did not bother searching google. "learn perl" and "learning
              perl" gives so obvious results that I can't think of any explanation
              for asking such a basic question here.

              Such attitudes annoy me and I can imagine that they can annoy others.

              I don't want to start a discussion. As I said, I respect your point
              of view, but as a second moderator, want to mention that my opinion
              in this matter is different

              --Piotr