I am new to PERL

  • Maheshreddy Buthalapalli
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2006
      HI guys,
      I am a Testing aspirant..I am new to PERL Testing..can any one help me whr to start...and how much helpful is PERL for me as a tester..plz refer me some sites to learn Testing using PERL...

      Have a nice time...Mahi

    • Santosh Kumar
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2006
        Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
        Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if you are aware of.
        Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz every body would wish to have a nice time.
        ~Santosh

        PS: Don't feel offended.

        I am a Testing aspirant..I am new to PERL Testing..can any one help me whr to start...and how much helpful is PERL for me as a tester..plz refer me some sites to learn Testing using PERL...

        Have a nice time...Mahi

      • V. Ramamurthy
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2006
          Hi Mahesh

          You can start read from active perl and read basics and slowly try to work on guitest in perl

          ram

          Maheshreddy Buthalapalli <mahireddy_b@...> wrote:
          HI guys,
          I am a Testing aspirant..I am new to PERL Testing..can any one help me whr to start...and how much helpful is PERL for me as a tester..plz refer me some sites to learn Testing using PERL...

          Have a nice time...Mahi

        • Gabor Szabo
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2006
            On 8/10/06, Santosh Kumar <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:

            > Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
            > Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if you are aware of.
            > Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz every body would wish to have a nice time.
            > ~Santosh
            >
            > PS: Don't feel offended.

            then please don't offend.

            While you are right, this is not a forum to teach Perl we can still
            *kindly* point people
            to the right forums. e.g. http://learn.perl.org/ or in more general to
            http://www.perl.org/
            or to a specific tutorial or book you like.
            http://qa.perl.org can be mentioned for generic QA and Perl related questions.

            We should make sure people feel welcomed to ask questions regarding
            Win32::GuiTest but are not thrown out even if they ask questions only
            slightly related to it.

            Gabor
          • Maheshreddy Buthalapalli
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
              Hi Mr. Gabor,
              Thank You for ur reply....and also for the links...Have a nice time...

              ---Mahesh

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
                --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Gabor Szabo" <szabgab@...> wrote:

                > On 8/10/06, Santosh Kumar <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
                > > Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better
                try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if
                you are aware of.
                > > Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where
                people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz
                every body would wish to have a nice time.
                > > ~Santosh
                > >
                > > PS: Don't feel offended.
                >
                > then please don't offend.
                >
                > While you are right, this is not a forum to teach Perl we can still
                > *kindly* point people
                > to the right forums. e.g. http://learn.perl.org/ or in more general
                > http://www.perl.org/
                > or to a specific tutorial or book you like.
                > http://qa.perl.org can be mentioned for generic QA and Perl related
                questions.

                > We should make sure people feel welcomed to ask questions regarding
                > Win32::GuiTest but are not thrown out even if they ask questions
                only
                > slightly related to it.
                >
                > Gabor

                Gabor,
                I do respect your point of view. However in this particular case I do
                not agree with you. I am realy annoyed by all those jerks building
                their reputation by answering RTFM to any question. But from the
                other hand there is a limit of obviousness, which should not be
                exceeded.
                If somebody asks a question on this forum how to learn perl, he/she
                proves that:

                1. He/she did not bother checking what is the profile of this group
                2. He did not bother searching google. "learn perl" and "learning
                perl" gives so obvious results that I can't think of any explanation
                for asking such a basic question here.

                Such attitudes annoy me and I can imagine that they can annoy others.

                I don't want to start a discussion. As I said, I respect your point
                of view, but as a second moderator, want to mention that my opinion
                in this matter is different

                --Piotr