Re: [perlguitest] Re: Perl GUI Test

  • Amit Dixit
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2006
      It worked for me yesterday thanks a lot.
      I am now trying checkbox and radio button clicks.
      Does perl support it?

      --- brentje <brentje@...> wrote:

      > Exactly what details are you looking for? Current
      > selected item?
      > Item count? Window handle? The built-in function
      > SetTreeViewItemPath
      > works pretty good for selecting an item, but for
      > anything else you'll
      > have to look at the virtual buffer and SendMessage
      > function. The MSDN
      > will also be necessity. Let me know what
      > information you are looking
      > for and I should be able to point you in the right
      > direction.
      >
      > Brent
      >
      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "adixit76"
      > <adixit76@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I am thinking of automating our desktop
      > application. I was thinking of
      > > trying out Perl. Does any one know how to get
      > Treeview control details
      > > using perl?
      > >
      > > I am not really interested in using SendKeys API.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Amit Dixit

    • brentje
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2006
        Yes, GUITest should support them depending on what the program you're
        testing is written in. I believe you can use the functions
        IsCheckedButton and IsGrayedButton to determine the status of a
        checkbox or radio button. You'll have to look at the documentation at
        http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/docs/index.html closer
        and try them out. Unfortunately for .Net programs, these functions
        seem to always return false. Or at least that's been my experience.
        I haven't been able to find a way to determine the status of a
        checkbox for a .Net program, but if I ever do I'll post the results.
        Good luck...

        Brent