Re: [perlguitest] Re: What Version

  • Ross Clunie
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
      Thanks for the reply dave but It still does not work. The last version og Win32-GuiTest that I have found that will PPM install on ActivePerl 5.6.1 is version 1.50.1-ad. Any of the pakages from then on keep giving the error
      "Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest"
      I assume this s because in the ppd file the following line exists
      <ARCHITECTURE NAME="MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.8" />
      where as the versions that install onto 5.6.1 has
      <ARCHITECTURE NAME="MSWin32-x86-multi-thread" />.
      If I just change that line to try and fool thge system it still does not work as It requires the perl58.dll which is not on my system because I have 5.6.1 installed.
      Question:
      Is WIn32-Guitest no longer going to support perl 5.6.1
      Thanks again
      Ross

      david_delgreco <dave@...> wrote: Weird. The 1.3 version on ActiveState's repository works, but not the
      U of Winnipeg one (which is where I assume you went). Sorry.

      Okay, go to
      http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=104592 and
      download the file. Then unzip the files into a directory by
      themselves. You should see a file called Win32-GuiTest.ppd.

      Open a Cmd shell window and go to that same directory. Start PPM. Type
      "rep add Local .". This will create a PPM repository called Local in
      the current directory.

      Search for Win32-GuiTest. You should see your new file listed after
      your other repositories. Install 3, and then remove Local with "rep
      del Local".

      ppm> rep add Local .
      Repositories:
      [1] ActiveState Package Repository
      [2] U of Winnipeg
      [3] Local
      ppm> search win32-guitest
      Searching in Active Repositories
      1. Win32-GuiTest [1.3] Win32-GuiTest
      2. Win32-GuiTest [1.50.3-ad] Alternate distribution of Perl GUI Test
      Utilities.
      3. Win32-GuiTest [1.50.5] Perl GUI Test Utilities.
      ppm> install 3
      Package 3:
      ====================
      Install 'Win32-GuiTest.ppd' version 1.50.5 in ActivePerl 5.8.8.817.
      ====================
      Downloaded 144914 bytes.
      Extracting 33/33: blib/lib/Win32/make_eg.pl
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.bs
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.dll
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.exp
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.lib
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.pdb
      Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\Win32\Examples.html
      Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\Win32\GuiTest.html
      Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\Win32\make_eg.html
      Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\Win32\GuiTest\cmd.html
      Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\Win32\GuiTest\Examples.html
      Files found in blib\arch: installing files in blib\lib into
      architecture dependent library tree
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\autosplit.ix
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\Examples.pm
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\GuiTest.pm
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\makedist.pl
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\make_eg.pl
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\guitest\cmd.pm
      Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\guitest\guitest.pc
      Successfully installed Win32-GuiTest version 1.50.5 in ActivePerl
      5.8.8.817.
      ppm> rep del Local
      Repositories:
      [1] ActiveState Package Repository