Re: [perlguitest] Perl GUI Test

  • George Lu
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2006
      Does anyone know how to test java application with perl gui test?
      I try, but I found that I cannot identify the gui object with winspy++......:-(

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2006
        It worked for me yesterday thanks a lot.
        I am now trying checkbox and radio button clicks.
        Does perl support it?

        --- brentje <brentje@...> wrote:

        > Exactly what details are you looking for? Current
        > selected item?
        > Item count? Window handle? The built-in function
        > SetTreeViewItemPath
        > works pretty good for selecting an item, but for
        > anything else you'll
        > have to look at the virtual buffer and SendMessage
        > function. The MSDN
        > will also be necessity. Let me know what
        > information you are looking
        > for and I should be able to point you in the right
        > direction.
        >
        > Brent
        >
        > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "adixit76"
        > <adixit76@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I am thinking of automating our desktop
        > application. I was thinking of
        > > trying out Perl. Does any one know how to get
        > Treeview control details
        > > using perl?
        > >
        > > I am not really interested in using SendKeys API.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Amit Dixit

      • brentje
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2006
          Yes, GUITest should support them depending on what the program you're
          testing is written in. I believe you can use the functions
          IsCheckedButton and IsGrayedButton to determine the status of a
          checkbox or radio button. You'll have to look at the documentation at
          http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/docs/index.html closer
          and try them out. Unfortunately for .Net programs, these functions
          seem to always return false. Or at least that's been my experience.
          I haven't been able to find a way to determine the status of a
          checkbox for a .Net program, but if I ever do I'll post the results.
          Good luck...

          Brent