Re: Perl GUI Test

  • brentje
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2006
      Exactly what details are you looking for? Current selected item?
      Item count? Window handle? The built-in function SetTreeViewItemPath
      works pretty good for selecting an item, but for anything else you'll
      have to look at the virtual buffer and SendMessage function. The MSDN
      will also be necessity. Let me know what information you are looking
      for and I should be able to point you in the right direction.

      Brent

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "adixit76" <adixit76@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am thinking of automating our desktop application. I was thinking of
      > trying out Perl. Does any one know how to get Treeview control details
      > using perl?
      >
      > I am not really interested in using SendKeys API.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Amit Dixit

    • George Lu
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2006
        Does anyone know how to test java application with perl gui test?
        I try, but I found that I cannot identify the gui object with winspy++......:-(

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2006
          It worked for me yesterday thanks a lot.
          I am now trying checkbox and radio button clicks.
          Does perl support it?

          --- brentje <brentje@...> wrote:

          > Exactly what details are you looking for? Current
          > selected item?
          > Item count? Window handle? The built-in function
          > SetTreeViewItemPath
          > works pretty good for selecting an item, but for
          > anything else you'll
          > have to look at the virtual buffer and SendMessage
          > function. The MSDN
          > will also be necessity. Let me know what
          > information you are looking
          > for and I should be able to point you in the right
          > direction.
          >
          > Brent
          >
          > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "adixit76"
          > <adixit76@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I am thinking of automating our desktop
          > application. I was thinking of
          > > trying out Perl. Does any one know how to get
          > Treeview control details
          > > using perl?
          > >
          > > I am not really interested in using SendKeys API.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Amit Dixit

        • brentje
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2006
            Yes, GUITest should support them depending on what the program you're
            testing is written in. I believe you can use the functions
            IsCheckedButton and IsGrayedButton to determine the status of a
            checkbox or radio button. You'll have to look at the documentation at
            http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/docs/index.html closer
            and try them out. Unfortunately for .Net programs, these functions
            seem to always return false. Or at least that's been my experience.
            I haven't been able to find a way to determine the status of a
            checkbox for a .Net program, but if I ever do I'll post the results.
            Good luck...

            Brent