Re: What Version

  • rossclunie
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2006
      Thanks for the reply
      Yes I have tried your suggestion and get the following error

      useing PPM3

      ppm> search Win32-GuiTest
      Searching in Active Repositories
      1. Win32-GuiTest [1.50.3-~ Alternate distribution of Perl GUI Test
      Utilities.
      ppm> install 1
      Package 1:
      Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.
      ppm>

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "david_delgreco" <dave@...> wrote:

      > Ross,
      >
      > If you have ActivePerl, have you tried typing PPM on the command line?
      > After that, have you tried typing 'search guitest' in PPM? It could be
      > useful.
      >
      > Dave
      >
      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "rossclunie" <rossclunie@> wrote:
      > >
      > > HI all
      > > Is there a version of Win32-GuiTest that I can install via PPM for
      > > Active Perl 5.6.1 build 638. I don't have Visual C++ installe don this
      > > PC and Getiing it is not a option for me. THanks for any help
      > > Ross

    • david_delgreco
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3 7:27 AM
        Weird. The 1.3 version on ActiveState's repository works, but not the
        U of Winnipeg one (which is where I assume you went). Sorry.

        Okay, go to
        http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=104592 and
        download the file. Then unzip the files into a directory by
        themselves. You should see a file called Win32-GuiTest.ppd.

        Open a Cmd shell window and go to that same directory. Start PPM. Type
        "rep add Local .". This will create a PPM repository called Local in
        the current directory.

        Search for Win32-GuiTest. You should see your new file listed after
        your other repositories. Install 3, and then remove Local with "rep
        del Local".

        ppm> rep add Local .
        Repositories:
        [1] ActiveState Package Repository
        [2] U of Winnipeg
        [3] Local
        ppm> search win32-guitest
        Searching in Active Repositories
        1. Win32-GuiTest [1.3] Win32-GuiTest
        2. Win32-GuiTest [1.50.3-ad] Alternate distribution of Perl GUI Test
        Utilities.
        3. Win32-GuiTest [1.50.5] Perl GUI Test Utilities.
        ppm> install 3
        Package 3:
        ====================
        Install 'Win32-GuiTest.ppd' version 1.50.5 in ActivePerl 5.8.8.817.
        ====================
        Downloaded 144914 bytes.
        Extracting 33/33: blib/lib/Win32/make_eg.pl
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.bs
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.dll
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.exp
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.lib
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\GuiTest.pdb
        Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\Win32\Examples.html
        Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\Win32\GuiTest.html
        Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\Win32\make_eg.html
        Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\Win32\GuiTest\cmd.html
        Installing C:\Perl\html\site\lib\Win32\GuiTest\Examples.html
        Files found in blib\arch: installing files in blib\lib into
        architecture dependent library tree
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\GuiTest\autosplit.ix
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\Examples.pm
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\GuiTest.pm
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\makedist.pl
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\make_eg.pl
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\guitest\cmd.pm
        Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\guitest\guitest.pc
        Successfully installed Win32-GuiTest version 1.50.5 in ActivePerl
        5.8.8.817.
        ppm> rep del Local
        Repositories:
        [1] ActiveState Package Repository
        [2] U of Winnipeg
        ppm>

        Dave

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "rossclunie" <rossclunie@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the reply
        > Yes I have tried your suggestion and get the following error
        >
        > useing PPM3
        >

        > ppm> search Win32-GuiTest
        > Searching in Active Repositories
        > 1. Win32-GuiTest [1.50.3-~ Alternate distribution of Perl GUI Test
        > Utilities.
        > ppm> install 1
        > Package 1:
        > Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.
        > ppm>
        >

        > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "david_delgreco" <dave@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Ross,
        > >
        > > If you have ActivePerl, have you tried typing PPM on the command line?
        > > After that, have you tried typing 'search guitest' in PPM? It could be
        > > useful.
        > >
        > > Dave
        > >
        > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "rossclunie" <rossclunie@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > HI all
        > > > Is there a version of Win32-GuiTest that I can install via PPM for
        > > > Active Perl 5.6.1 build 638. I don't have Visual C++ installe
        don this
        > > > PC and Getiing it is not a option for me. THanks for any help
        > > > Ross

      • Ross Clunie
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3 2:15 PM
          Thanks for the reply dave but It still does not work. The last version og Win32-GuiTest that I have found that will PPM install on ActivePerl 5.6.1 is version 1.50.1-ad. Any of the pakages from then on keep giving the error
          "Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest"
          I assume this s because in the ppd file the following line exists
          <ARCHITECTURE NAME="MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.8" />
          where as the versions that install onto 5.6.1 has
          <ARCHITECTURE NAME="MSWin32-x86-multi-thread" />.
          If I just change that line to try and fool thge system it still does not work as It requires the perl58.dll which is not on my system because I have 5.6.1 installed.
          Question:
          Is WIn32-Guitest no longer going to support perl 5.6.1
          Thanks again
          Ross

          david_delgreco <dave@...> wrote: Weird. The 1.3 version on ActiveState's repository works, but not the