Re: Listbox functions

  • xGunneRx <xgunnerx@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2002
      > 3) Use Win32::GuiTest to print the content of the first item in the
      > list:
      >
      > perl -e "use Win32::GuiTest; print Win32::GuiTest::GetListText
      > (0x000107A4, 0);"

      Ok that seems to work. However, if I do something like pass a
      variable into the function it seems to blow up:
      <snip>
      #!/usr/bin/perl -w
      use strict;
      use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);

      my $check = '0x00350096';

      my $w = GetListText($check, 0);
      print "$w\n";
      </snip>

      This prints "uiTest" which is not in the list. Seems to do this for
      any listbox I define in $check. Im using the latest non-beta version.

      Thanks!
      xGunneRx
    • xGunneRx <xgunnerx@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 16, 2002
        lol nm i figured it out-> my $check = int(0x00350096);

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "xGunneRx <xgunnerx@y...>"

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 16, 2002
          The below works... however:

          <snip>
          my $self = shift;
          my $check = $self->{Org_ListBoxID}; # check contains the listbox id
          $check = int($check);
          $word = GetListText($check, 0);
          print $word . "\n";
          </snip>

          Prints garble. What am I doing wrong?

        • Dennis K. Paulsen <ctrondlp@netins.net>
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 17, 2002
            GetListText's first parameter needs to be the handle to the list box
            not the control id. The handle of the control can be obtained
            through FindWindowLike by specifying its fourth parameter.