Automated GUI testing: Win32::GuiTest

  • louisegilbert900
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2006
      Hello

      I'm a testing engineer at Aircom International currently testing a
      Telecommunications Post Processing tool developed in C++.

      I've read the Automated GUI testing article written by Gabor and it
      was very interesting.
      I've gone through the perl scripts in the eg dir and they look good
      and I've had a look at the readme.html doc.

      Where can I find more info on how to use Win32:GuiTest Functions?
      i.e. I can't find a way to launch an exe,
      The following doesn't seem to work for me,

      use Win32:GuiTest qw(:ALL);
      systeim("start RanoptDBExplorer.exe"),

      Currently we use Test Comple for GUI testing and bash script to test
      the parsers but I'm looking for other "easier" ways to automate (or
      help automate) the gui testing.

      I'm fairly new to Perl but I work with AWK/GAWK so my learing curve
      shouldn't be too steep.

      I look forward to your reply.

      Regards

      Louise Gilbert

      Ranopt Test Engineer
    • Santosh Kumar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2006
        Louise,

        Not sure weather you have read this..
        http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/docs/index.html
        check it out, Its very Interesting and help full.

        About launching and application, You can use Win32::Process module.

        Ex: Launching a MS Outlook

        use Win32::Process;
        use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);

        Win32::Process::Create($ProcessObj, ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE", "OUTLOOK", 0,NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS,".")|| die "Unable to spawn the AV process $!";
        my $Pid = $ProcessObj->GetProcessID();
        $ProcessObj->Wait(2000); #Wait for 2 sec for Outlook window to come up.

        Rgds,
        ~Santosh