Re: Perl Module for Web based GUI applications

  • raghu_kumar_78
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2006
      I have used these perl modules in the past which help automating
      Web App.
      http://search.cpan.org/~petdance/WWW-Mechanize-1.18/lib/WWW/Mechanize.pm
      Examples:
      http://search.cpan.org/author/PETDANCE/WWW-Mechanize-1.18/lib/WWW/Mechanize/Examples.pod

      and
      If u want to do it on Windows and interested only in IE , try this
      http://search.cpan.org/author/ABELTJE/Win32-IE-Mechanize-0.009/lib/Win32/IE/Mechanize.pm

      If u want to do test automation then try this Test-WWW-Simple
      http://search.cpan.org/~mcmahon/Test-WWW-Simple-0.24/lib/Test/WWW/Simple.pm

      Hope this helps

      NOTE: If ur Wen Application heavely uses JavaScript then pls use
      Browser Based Testing/Automation Framework Selenium.
      http://www.openqa.org/selenium/

      Happy Programming :)