"syslistview32" | "ListBox" ..... urgent

  • Girish
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2006
      Hello Friends,

      Below functions are not working for any of the list boxes in our
      application under test

      SelListViewItem( $hwnd, $idx );
      GetListViewContents( $hwnd );
      GetListContents( $hwnd );
      SelListViewItemText( $hwnd, $text );

      I used the function - GetClassName( $hwnd ); it returned
      "syslistview32", How to make the above functions work with listbox
      with classname "syslistview32", My application involeves lot of
      listboxes, I'l unable to procedd with scripting, I would appreciate ur
      ideas

      Does the above functions only support only the class name "ListBox",
      if so how to script the "syslistview32" class objects?

      Thanks in advance
      -Girish.
    • Girish

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2006
          Hi,
          GetListContents works with ListBoxes, not with ListViews. All
          remaining functions you listed should work with syslistview32 (i.e.
          ListViews).
          I would suggest the following: Try to use those functions with
          Windows Explorer and see if you can make them work for you. If they
          don't work then report a problem with a detailed description how to
          recreate it. If they do work, it may mean that your controls have
          some special settings. You may need to look at ListView documentation
          http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
          us/shellcc/platform/commctls/listview/listview.asp. Don't be scared.
          M$ gives good and and comprehensive coverage of the area.
          --Piotr