Need help on Listbox controls

  • minh_turbo9
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2002
      I am writing some GuiTest scripts to setup my NIC properties via
      Network Properties Dialog in Win2K.
      **(ControlPanel->Network&Dial-Up Connections ->RightClick on a NIC)

      I wanted to have the script be able to check/uncheck the TCP/IP
      protocol or any other item....but I can't get any control on the
      listbox.

      I see in the Readme that these functions are documented as:
      $txt = GetListText(hwnd,index)
      @lst = GetListContents(hWnd)

      Yet, I could not get anything out of the GUI even when I have the
      handle to that listbox (Class=SysListView32).

      I also don't see any examples on these GetList functions also....

      Please help me if you have used them.

      Thank you much.
    • Ernesto Guisado
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 2002

        --- In perlguitest@y..., "minh_turbo9" <minh_turbo9@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I am writing some GuiTest scripts to setup my NIC properties via
        > Network Properties Dialog in Win2K.
        > **(ControlPanel->Network&Dial-Up Connections ->RightClick on a NIC)
        >
        > I wanted to have the script be able to check/uncheck the TCP/IP
        > protocol or any other item....but I can't get any control on the
        > listbox.

        Sometimes you don't need it. Using TAB and arrows to navigate through
        controls is enough most times. And then use SPACE, ENTER or hot-keys
        to select/deselect.

        > handle to that listbox (Class=SysListView32).

        Doesn't look like a listbox to me. More like a listview thingy. The
        API to handle them is different. GuiTest doesn't support direct
        access to them. Paul Covington added some funtions for another type
        of fancy control:

        Perhaps you can use it as a guide...

        Regards,
        Ernesto.