Re: Unable to find window id's of buttons in the frame

  • Sachin Tiwari
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006

      No, i am not able to see them. Only the main GUI window is getting
      shown in the list and not the buttons on the window.

      Thanks,

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stuart arnold"

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006
        Java windows are not part of the Windows windowing system. You would
        need some sort of way of looking into the JVM to see those; that's not
        what Win32::GuiTest does.

        Chris

        ________________________________

        No, i am not able to see them. Only the main GUI window is
        getting
        shown in the list and not the buttons on the window.

        Thanks,

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:perlguitest%40yahoogroups.com> , "stuart arnold"
        <stuart.arnold@...> wrote:

        > Can you "see" them using Spy++ (free from VC++, elsewhere(?)).
        > Another one (much better) is WinSpector(free).
        > http://www.windows-spy.com/ <http://www.windows-spy.com/>
        > <http://www.gypsysoft.com <http://www.gypsysoft.com> >

      • stuart arnold
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006
          If you cannot "see" them thru those tools, then they could be "drawn" on
          the window and not actual buttons.
          Just my guess.

          --- In perlguitest@ <mailto:perlguitest%40yahoogroups.com>
          <stuart.arnold@...> wrote:

          > Can you "see" them using Spy++ (free from VC++, elsewhere(?)).
          > Another one (much better) is WinSpector(free).
          > http://www.windows- <http://www.windows-spy.com/> spy.com/
          > <http://www.gypsysof <http://www.gypsysoft.com> t.com>

          yahoogroups.com
          > I have an application of class type "javax.swing.JFrame" and it
          has
          > two buttons "Next" and "Cancel". I am able to find the parent
          window.

          > The problem is that i am not able to get the window id's of the
          > buttons using available functions like, getchildwindows and
          > findwindowlike. I basically intend to click on these buttons in
          the
          > automation process.
          >
          > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks,

        • Sachin Tiwari
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 20, 2006
            Hello,

            Is there any way out for me to capture all the text on the window
            frame in this case. If this is possible, then i can do selective
            text matching and proceeed further.

            Thanks,

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton" <chilton@...>