RE: [perlguitest] Unable to find window id's of buttons in the frame

  • stuart arnold
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006
      Can you "see" them using Spy++ (free from VC++, elsewhere(?)).
      Another one (much better) is WinSpector(free).
      http://www.windows-spy.com/
      <http://www.gypsysoft.com>

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006

        No, i am not able to see them. Only the main GUI window is getting
        shown in the list and not the buttons on the window.

        Thanks,

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stuart arnold"
        <stuart.arnold@...> wrote:

        > Can you "see" them using Spy++ (free from VC++, elsewhere(?)).
        > Another one (much better) is WinSpector(free).
        > http://www.windows-spy.com/
        > <http://www.gypsysoft.com>

      • Chris Hilton
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006
          Java windows are not part of the Windows windowing system. You would
          need some sort of way of looking into the JVM to see those; that's not
          what Win32::GuiTest does.

          Chris

          ________________________________

          No, i am not able to see them. Only the main GUI window is
          getting
          shown in the list and not the buttons on the window.

          Thanks,

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:perlguitest%40yahoogroups.com> , "stuart arnold"
          <stuart.arnold@...> wrote:

          > Can you "see" them using Spy++ (free from VC++, elsewhere(?)).
          > Another one (much better) is WinSpector(free).
          > http://www.windows-spy.com/ <http://www.windows-spy.com/>
          > <http://www.gypsysoft.com <http://www.gypsysoft.com> >

        • stuart arnold
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006
            If you cannot "see" them thru those tools, then they could be "drawn" on
            the window and not actual buttons.
            Just my guess.

            --- In perlguitest@ <mailto:perlguitest%40yahoogroups.com>
            <stuart.arnold@...> wrote:

            > Can you "see" them using Spy++ (free from VC++, elsewhere(?)).
            > Another one (much better) is WinSpector(free).
            > http://www.windows- <http://www.windows-spy.com/> spy.com/
            > <http://www.gypsysof <http://www.gypsysoft.com> t.com>

            yahoogroups.com
            > I have an application of class type "javax.swing.JFrame" and it
            has
            > two buttons "Next" and "Cancel". I am able to find the parent
            window.

            > The problem is that i am not able to get the window id's of the
            > buttons using available functions like, getchildwindows and
            > findwindowlike. I basically intend to click on these buttons in
            the
            > automation process.
            >
            > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
            >
            > Thanks,

          • Sachin Tiwari
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 20, 2006
              Hello,

              Is there any way out for me to capture all the text on the window
              frame in this case. If this is possible, then i can do selective
              text matching and proceeed further.

              Thanks,

              --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton" <chilton@...>