Unable to find window id's of buttons in the frame

  • Sachin Tiwari
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006
      Dear All,

      I have an application of class type "javax.swing.JFrame" and it has
      two buttons "Next" and "Cancel". I am able to find the parent window.

      The problem is that i am not able to get the window id's of the
      buttons using available functions like, getchildwindows and
      findwindowlike. I basically intend to click on these buttons in the
      automation process.

      Any help will be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
    • stuart arnold
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006
        Can you "see" them using Spy++ (free from VC++, elsewhere(?)).
        Another one (much better) is WinSpector(free).
        http://www.windows-spy.com/
        <http://www.gypsysoft.com>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006

          No, i am not able to see them. Only the main GUI window is getting
          shown in the list and not the buttons on the window.

          Thanks,

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stuart arnold"
          <stuart.arnold@...> wrote:

          > Can you "see" them using Spy++ (free from VC++, elsewhere(?)).
          > Another one (much better) is WinSpector(free).
          > http://www.windows-spy.com/
          > <http://www.gypsysoft.com>

        • Chris Hilton
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006
            Java windows are not part of the Windows windowing system. You would
            need some sort of way of looking into the JVM to see those; that's not
            what Win32::GuiTest does.

            Chris

            ________________________________

            No, i am not able to see them. Only the main GUI window is
            getting
            shown in the list and not the buttons on the window.

            Thanks,

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:perlguitest%40yahoogroups.com> , "stuart arnold"
            <stuart.arnold@...> wrote:

            > Can you "see" them using Spy++ (free from VC++, elsewhere(?)).
            > Another one (much better) is WinSpector(free).
            > http://www.windows-spy.com/ <http://www.windows-spy.com/>
            > <http://www.gypsysoft.com <http://www.gypsysoft.com> >

          • stuart arnold
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 19, 2006
              If you cannot "see" them thru those tools, then they could be "drawn" on
              the window and not actual buttons.
              Just my guess.

              --- In perlguitest@ <mailto:perlguitest%40yahoogroups.com>
              <stuart.arnold@...> wrote:

              > Can you "see" them using Spy++ (free from VC++, elsewhere(?)).
              > Another one (much better) is WinSpector(free).
              > http://www.windows- <http://www.windows-spy.com/> spy.com/
              > <http://www.gypsysof <http://www.gypsysoft.com> t.com>

              yahoogroups.com
              > I have an application of class type "javax.swing.JFrame" and it
              has
              > two buttons "Next" and "Cancel". I am able to find the parent
              window.

              > The problem is that i am not able to get the window id's of the
              > buttons using available functions like, getchildwindows and
              > findwindowlike. I basically intend to click on these buttons in
              the
              > automation process.
              >
              > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
              >
              > Thanks,

            • Sachin Tiwari
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 20, 2006
                Hello,

                Is there any way out for me to capture all the text on the window
                frame in this case. If this is possible, then i can do selective
                text matching and proceeed further.

                Thanks,

                --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton" <chilton@...>