Re: [perlguitest] Handling HTML Pages (HTML pages includes Java Scripts) using Perl Module

  • Alex Morozov
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2006
      Hi.

      It seems you can`t do that directly. Here`s the explanation:
      http://search.cpan.org/dist/WWW-Mechanize/lib/WWW/Mechanize/FAQ.pod

      Well, you can pass urls through a browser and get rendered html from it... But
      it`s tricky a bit. )

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Is there any module to automate "HTML pages created with the help of
      > Java script".
      >
      > I just checked with Win32::SAM module, the module couldn't recognize
      > the buttons & the links which are created using java scripts.
      >
      > I also checked with LWP module, it didn't work out.
      >
      > Is there any other module in perl which can help in solving the issue?
      >
      > Regards
      > Deepak
    • chrs_mcmhn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2006
        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "meetdeepakb" <meetdeepakb@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Is there any module to automate "HTML pages created with the help of
        > Java script".
        >
        > I just checked with Win32::SAM module, the module couldn't recognize
        > the buttons & the links which are created using java scripts.

        You should look at Selenium and it's Perl controller:

        http://search.cpan.org/~lukec/Test-WWW-Selenium/lib/WWW/Selenium.pm
        http://www.openqa.org/selenium/

        It's really an excellent tool, designed to do exactly what you describe.

        Also, if you don't object to Ruby, Watir (Web Application Testing in
        Ruby) is another tool capable of doing this sort of thing:
        http://www.openqa.org/watir/

        -Chris