IsGrayedButton

  • Ken Hommel
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2002
      Either this function doesn't work, or I don't understand the meaning
      of "Grayed" in this context. I think of a "Grayed" button as a button
      that is disabled. I would expect this function to return the opposite
      result of IsWindowEnabled.

      As far as I can tell, IsGrayedButton always returns 0. The good news
      is that IsWindowEnabled works.

      If someone else has a better understanding of this function, please
      let me know.

      Thank you,
      -Ken
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2002
        IsGrayedButton is intended to work on radio buttons or check boxes,
        not on regular buttons. From the MSDN documentation, the actual
        state of these grayed radio buttons and check boxes is
        called "indeterminate"; which is most likely why IsGrayedButton
        (simpler, although a bit misleading) was chosen as the function
        name.

        For regular buttons, it is correct to use IsWindowEnabled, since
        programmaticaly buttons are child windows.

        Regards,
        Dennis