GetPopupHandle

  • brentje
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hi

      I'm having some trouble with the GetPopupHandle function. It never
      seems to bring back a handle. It always returns 0. After looking
      into the .XS file, I noticed that the function that does the work,
      PopupHandleGet, doesn't seem to be setting it's return value, g_popup.
      I don't know much about the .XS side of things yet, but is this a bug
      or am I missing something? Are there other ways of getting the handle
      or X/Y coordinates of a popup menu, maybe through SendMessage or
      something?

      Brent
    • Timothy Mitchell

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2007
          I'd like to use the GetPopupHandle function to obtain the handle to
          the context menu within notepad. Unfortunately, like some earlier
          posts the function return zero and not the handle. The code I have so
          far is below (header removed). The context menu appears in the correct
          place but the handle is 0.

          Any help is most appreciated.

          Thanks

          system "start notepad.exe";
          sleep(1);

          @windows = FindWindowLike(undef, "^Untitled - Notepad");

          if (not @windows) {
          die "Could not find Notepad\n";
          } elsif (@windows > 1) {
          die "There might be more than one Notepad running\n";
          }

          ($lx,$ty,$rx,$by)=GetWindowRect($windows[0]);

          @children = GetChildWindows($windows[0]);

          if (not @children) {
          die "Could not find children of Notepad\n";
          }

          $hpopup=GetPopupHandle($children[0],($lx+$rx)/2,($ty+$by)/2);
          printf("hpopup: %d\n", $hpopup);

          $hpopup=GetPopupHandle($children[1],($lx+$rx)/2,($ty+$by)/2);
          printf("hpopup: %d\n", $hpopup);

          $hpopup=GetPopupHandle($windows[0],($lx+$rx)/2,($ty+$by)/2);
          printf("hpopup: %d\n", $hpopup);