Let me know how to begin learning perl

  • sampbalaji
    Message 1 of 6 , May 27, 2006
      Hi all
      I am new to perl
      I would like to know where can i get perl
      how to install and work on it
      Suggest a good beginners guide

      thanks
      Sundar
    • Dhanapalan.C
      Message 2 of 6 , May 29, 2006
        I want some notes about X11::GUITest, Please help me out,
        -Thanks
        Dhana

      • Alex Morozov
        Message 3 of 6 , May 29, 2006
          Hi.
          > I would like to know where can i get perl
          > how to install and work on it

          It depends on what OS do you have. On most *nix systems it`s installed
          by default, and on Windows you should
          use an ActiveState installer: http://activestate.com

          > Suggest a good beginners guide

          There are many. "Programming Perl, 3rd ed." is worth looking at.
        • nancy sherwood
          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2006
            try perl.com

            sampbalaji <sampbalaji@...> wrote: Hi all
            I am new to perl
            I would like to know where can i get perl
            how to install and work on it
            Suggest a good beginners guide

            thanks
            Sundar

            Basic programming language C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C++ programming language Software programming language

          • Susruth Sudhakaran
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
              Hi Sundar,

              Have you heard of something called google.
              Go to google.com and search for "Learning perl"

              Sam

              nancy sherwood <kidofsherlock@...> wrote:
              try perl.com

              sampbalaji <sampbalaji@...> wrote: Hi all
              I am new to perl
              I would like to know where can i get perl
              how to install and work on it
              Suggest a good beginners guide

              thanks
              Sundar

              Basic programming language C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C++ programming language Software programming language

              Basic programming language C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C++ programming language Software programming language

              Susruth Sudhakaran

              You are not responsible for what happens to you in life but you are definitely responsible for how you respond to it
              -------Some great Man(Not Me)

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
                Hello,
                You can find the X11:GUITest site at