HI all

  • bakka_7
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18, 2006
      HI all,

      I wanted a good tool for my GUI automation on windows.Someone please
      tell me which tool to use. Can perl be used here.I wanted more
      information regarding the use for perl in Windows GUI
      automation.Please help?

      Regards
      bakka
    • Alex Morozov
      Message 2 of 4 , May 18, 2006
        Hi.

        Well, if you post such a question to the perl mailing list, sure you
        already know the answer ).
        Definitely, perl + Win32GuiTest is the best tool to automate Windows
        GUI. Of course, there are some
        tools around worth mentioning, such as AutoIt, but I personally prefer
        perl because of it`s incredible power
        and simplicity. Don`t forget, in perl you have not only GUI automation
        routines, but a whole bunch of cool
        modules for network, filesystem and process management. It may be hard
        to learn `em, but the result is really
        suprising.
        Good luck.

        --alex

        > HI all,
        >
        > I wanted a good tool for my GUI automation on windows.Someone please
        > tell me which tool to use. Can perl be used here.I wanted more
        > information regarding the use for perl in Windows GUI
        > automation.Please help?
        >
        > Regards
        > bakka

      • vishwajith s
        Message 3 of 4 , May 18, 2006
          Thanks dude... I think this module Win32 will help me really... :)

          On 5/18/06, Alex Morozov <inductor2000@...> wrote:

          > Hi.
          >
          > Well, if you post such a question to the perl mailing list, sure you
          > already know the answer ).
          > Definitely, perl + Win32GuiTest is the best tool to automate Windows
          > GUI. Of course, there are some
          > tools around worth mentioning, such as AutoIt, but I personally prefer
          > perl because of it`s incredible power
          > and simplicity. Don`t forget, in perl you have not only GUI automation
          > routines, but a whole bunch of cool
          > modules for network, filesystem and process management. It may be hard
          > to learn `em, but the result is really
          > suprising.
          > Good luck.
          >
          > --alex
          >
          > > HI all,
          > >
          > > I wanted a good tool for my GUI automation on windows.Someone please
          > > tell me which tool to use. Can perl be used here.I wanted more
          > > information regarding the use for perl in Windows GUI
          > > automation.Please help?
          > >
          > > Regards
          > > bakka
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Alex Morozov
          Message 4 of 4 , May 18, 2006
            Oh, sorry, typo ). Win32::GuiTest, of course.