Re: Send Keys Question

  • erngui
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2001

      --- In perlguitest@y..., "pc210018" <pc210018@n...> wrote:
      [...]
      > I installed via PPM this module today. It looks like what is in
      the
      > repository is version .9 not the latest 1.3.

      Sounds strange. The ppm installer uses the local .tar.gz file that
      comes with the distribution. I just downloaded from cpan and the .pm
      file inside the .tar.gz file says 1.3, so I'd say the distribution
      looks ok. Any chance your problem is caused by something else?

      > I tried adding the line
      > ShowWindow($window,1);
      > to the code below to see if this would bring the destination window
      > to the top. But it does not.
      > Is the any documentation for these extra functions?

      No. I'm working on it, but mostly the "documentation" is the sample
      programs in the "eg" directory.

      > $title='Remedy User.*';
      > $window = FindWindowLike (0,$title)
      > SetForegroundWindow($window);
      > SendKeys("Starting Order");

      My guess is you're working on Windows 2000.

      MS changed the way SetForegroundWindow works: in previous versions of
      the OS, if you had a menu open and a program/window comes to the
      foreground, the menu closes, which a lot of people found anoying. In
      W2000 the window doens't actually become the foreground window,
      instead the icon in the taskbar starts to flash...

      This is bad for SendKeys and at the moment, the only way I've found
      around it is to use SendKeys to send ALT+TAB get 2000 to switch
      windows this way...

      Regards,
      Ernesto.
      --
      Ernesto Guisado
      mailto:erngui@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2001

        just looked up some links that describe this problem:

        INFO: SetActiveWindow() and SetForegroundWindow() Clarification
        http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q97/9/25.ASP

        INFO: Changing the Foreground Window in Windows 98 and Windows 2000
        http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q227043

        HTH,
        Ernesto.
        --