Retrieving text from a LCD display

  • ep_perl
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2006

      I need help reading the text from a display window. The application
      was created with MFC. There is a child window called LCD. This child
      window, LCD, has messages "painted" to it. I am trying to get the text
      of the message on this window.

      WinSpy recognizes the child window but does not recognize the text
      within this window. When I use GetWindowText or WMGetText using the
      handle of the child window, it returns nothing.

      The child window contains a cpaintdc object where the messages are
      stored and then used with a MFC method to display it on the LCD, child
      window.

      Any suggestions on retrieving text that is displayed onto a child
      window with a cpaintdc object?

      Thank you.