Handle of a window with no caption and fetching text

  • Agnishwar Karmakar
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006

      I am new to perl Win32 GUI test. It will be of great
      help if some one provide me some pointer on this.

      I am using GUI test to automate test cases for an C++
      based application. I am unable to fetch text from a
      edit control box. This Edit box is a child of an
      parent window. I observed that WinSpy does not show
      any caption either for parent window or for the child
      edit box control. Now how do I get the handle for
      child edit box control when I don't know the window
      caption for both the parent and child? My intention is
      to pass the child handle in WMGetText to fetch the
      text in the control.

      More precisely, Can some one help me how to get handle
      of window when Winspy does not show any caption for
      that window?

      Is there any other function to fetch text from a
      control like edit box?

      Thanks in advance.
      Regards,
      Agnishwar