Re: Newbie to perl GUI test

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
      GUI automation operates on standard window controls - edit boxes,
      combos and so on. It does not care what is the language of the
      application, which hosts them. MFC uses those standard controls. So
      you should be fine, unless you create some custom, specific window
      controls.

      --Piotr

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Ambat, Gopakumar (STSD)"
      <gopakumar.ambat@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I have a MFC based app for which I plan to do some test automation. My
      > app uses Perl internally (links perl58.dll and uses a bunch of XS
      > interfaces), so I was delighted when I read about doing automation using
      > Perl. I read the documentation (partly), and wanted to know if I could
      > use GUI test to automate an MFC app which in turn uses Perl..
      >
      > Please advice on whether GUI test would be the right tool to use in my
      > scenario.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Gopa

    • Agnishwar Karmakar
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
        Hi,

        I am new to perl Win32 GUI test. It will be of great
        help if some one provide me some pointer on this.

        I am using GUI test to automate test cases for an C++
        based application. I am unable to fetch text from a
        edit control box. This Edit box is a child of an
        parent window. I observed that WinSpy does not show
        any caption either for parent window or for the child
        edit box control. Now how do I get the handle for
        child edit box control when I don't know the window
        caption for both the parent and child? My intention is
        to pass the child handle in WMGetText to fetch the
        text in the control.

        More precisely, Can some one help me how to get handle
        of window when Winspy does not show any caption for
        that window?

        Is there any other function to fetch text from a
        control like edit box?

        Thanks in advance.
        Regards,
        Agnishwar