SendKeys and ssh

  • jonathanalbrecht
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2002
      I am using Win32::GuiTest 1.3.

      I am using ssh to access a remote NT4 box. I can use spy--.pl to see
      that any gui apps like notepad are started and have windows associated
      with them. However, the SendKeys function does not seem to work. Here
      is an example:

      I ssh into the remote NT4 box.

      I run the make test that is included with Win32::GuiTest 1.3. Some
      tests fail. If I run it locally, all pass.

      I run perl spy--.pl and get the following output:

      > perl spy--.pl
      +0x003D0050, 'Calculator', SciCalc
      ++0x00480042, '0.', Static
      ++0x003F0040, '', Button
      more of the same deleted ...
      ++0x00600132, '', Button
      ++0x003F00AE, '', Static
      ++0x008200DA, '', Button
      ++0x0093009A, '', Button
      ++0x006600A6, '', Button
      +0x004600E4, 'CalcMsgPumpWnd', Edit
      +0x00C70122, 'Untitled - Notepad', Notepad
      ++0x005B00F4, '', Edit
      +0x00450070, 'GuiTest.pm - Notepad', Notepad
      ++0x01F30062, '', Edit
      other windows deleted ...

      From debugging test.pl I can see that the apps are not receiving and
      keystrokes from SendKeys. For example the first notepad that is
      started is still running because it never got the %{F4} that was sent.

      The WMGetText call seems to work because that test passes.

      Does anyone know what might be going on?

      Thanks,

      Jon