Re: How to tell if a checkbox is checked in a window - Hw to find Handle

  • santoshkadli
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
      How do i find a Handle for a Check boxes.
      I have 2 check boxes. Information all i have about them is Control ID
      and the Names associated.
      I tried verious options like GetWindowID, and ther Get methods.
      I am not able to trace the Handle .. Can some body help me with this ?
      ~Santosh

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hilton <chilton@n...> wrote:

      > I'm not ripping this exactly from my code so it may not exactly
      work, but it
      > should give you the right idea:
      >
      > $checkbox = (FindWindowLike(undef, "checkbox text", undef, undef))
      [0];

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
        Try FindWindowLike....
        --Piotr

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "santoshkadli" <kadlisantosh@h...>
        wrote:

        > How do i find a Handle for a Check boxes.
        > I have 2 check boxes. Information all i have about them is Control ID
        > and the Names associated.
        > I tried verious options like GetWindowID, and ther Get methods.
        > I am not able to trace the Handle .. Can some body help me with this ?
        > ~Santosh
        >
        > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hilton <chilton@n...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm not ripping this exactly from my code so it may not exactly
        > work, but it
        > > should give you the right idea:
        > >
        > > $checkbox = (FindWindowLike(undef, "checkbox text", undef, undef))
        > [0];
        > > $checked = IsCheckedButton($checkbox);
        > >
        > > Basically, get a handle to the checkbox by whatever means and then
        > use
        > > IsCheckButton() to see if the checkbox is checked or not.
        > >
        > > Chris Hilton

      • santoshkadli
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2006
          Thanks Piotr, It worked with little work arounds.
          ~Santosh
          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Piotr Kaluski" <pkaluski@p...>
          wrote:

          > Try FindWindowLike....