Re: [perlguitest] How do I get contents of the directory from explorer window?

  • "Морозов А.А."
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2005
      Hello, Vladimir.

      I think, it`s easier to get current explorer path from location bar and
      then use it with e.g. File::Find.

      As for security tab, you can use Win32::FileSecurity - it`s bundled with
      ActivePerl distribution.

      P.S. Владимир, если Вы говорите по-русски, пишите на e-mail. Чем смогу -
      помогу ).

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 22, 2005
        Guys,
        Please avoid using your native language. We work in international
        environment in which english is considered a standard. Although, I as
        a Pole, don't have particular problems understanding russian, many
        people do and they could find it a little bit intimidating.
        And there are also problems with displaying this on yahoo.

        Ale tak poza tym to uważam że rosyjski to naprawdę ładny język :)

        (i.e "apart from that I deem russian language really nice")

        --Piotr

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Морозов А.А."
        <inductor2000@m...> wrote:

        > Hello, Vladimir.
        >
        > I think, it`s easier to get current explorer path from location bar and
        > then use it with e.g. File::Find.
        >
        > As for security tab, you can use Win32::FileSecurity - it`s bundled
        with
        > ActivePerl distribution.
        >
        > P.S. Ð'ладимир, если Ð'ы говорите
        по-русски, пишите на e-mail. Чем смогу -
        > помогу ).
        >
        > Vladimir Yakubov пишет:
        > > I need to get the listing of the directory in the explorer in Win2K3
        > > back to the perl script, how do I do it?
        > >
        > > Also when I right click on the properties of a file and get to the
        > > security tab, I get a list of users in there, how do I get get those
        > > back to the script?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Vladimir

      • "Морозов А.А."
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 22, 2005
          Ok, sorry for that. To get things clear, I asked Vladimir, that if he
          speaks russian, to continue discussion in private email in native
          language. I tried to avoid russian "flood" in this mailing list.
          I promise to behave myself :).

          > Guys,
          > Please avoid using your native language. We work in international
          > environment in which english is considered a standard. Although, I as
          > a Pole, don't have particular problems understanding russian, many
          > people do and they could find it a little bit intimidating.
          > And there are also problems with displaying this on yahoo.
          >
          > Ale tak poza tym to uważam że rosyjski to naprawdę
          > ładny język :)
          >
          > (i.e "apart from that I deem russian language really nice")
          >
          > --Piotr
        • Vladimir Yakubov
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 22, 2005
            I speak Russian, but yahoo, isn't displaying the characters correctly,
            so unfortunatly I can't read your message.

            Vladimir