How do I get contents of the directory from explorer window?

  • Vladimir Yakubov
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2005
      I need to get the listing of the directory in the explorer in Win2K3
      back to the perl script, how do I do it?

      Also when I right click on the properties of a file and get to the
      security tab, I get a list of users in there, how do I get get those
      back to the script?

      Thanks,

      Vladimir
    • "Морозов А.А."
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 22, 2005
        Hello, Vladimir.

        I think, it`s easier to get current explorer path from location bar and
        then use it with e.g. File::Find.

        As for security tab, you can use Win32::FileSecurity - it`s bundled with
        ActivePerl distribution.

        P.S. Владимир, если Вы говорите по-русски, пишите на e-mail. Чем смогу -
        помогу ).

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 22, 2005
          Guys,
          Please avoid using your native language. We work in international
          environment in which english is considered a standard. Although, I as
          a Pole, don't have particular problems understanding russian, many
          people do and they could find it a little bit intimidating.
          And there are also problems with displaying this on yahoo.

          Ale tak poza tym to uważam że rosyjski to naprawdę ładny język :)

          (i.e "apart from that I deem russian language really nice")

          --Piotr

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Морозов А.А."
          <inductor2000@m...> wrote:

          > Hello, Vladimir.
          >
          > I think, it`s easier to get current explorer path from location bar and
          > then use it with e.g. File::Find.
          >
          > As for security tab, you can use Win32::FileSecurity - it`s bundled
          with
          > ActivePerl distribution.
          >
          > P.S. Ð'ладимир, если Ð'ы говорите
          по-русски, пишите на e-mail. Чем смогу -
          > помогу ).
          >
          > Vladimir Yakubov пишет:
          > > I need to get the listing of the directory in the explorer in Win2K3
          > > back to the perl script, how do I do it?
          > >
          > > Also when I right click on the properties of a file and get to the
          > > security tab, I get a list of users in there, how do I get get those
          > > back to the script?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Vladimir

        • "Морозов А.А."
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 22, 2005
            Ok, sorry for that. To get things clear, I asked Vladimir, that if he
            speaks russian, to continue discussion in private email in native
            language. I tried to avoid russian "flood" in this mailing list.
            I promise to behave myself :).

            > Guys,
            > Please avoid using your native language. We work in international
            > environment in which english is considered a standard. Although, I as
            > a Pole, don't have particular problems understanding russian, many
            > people do and they could find it a little bit intimidating.
            > And there are also problems with displaying this on yahoo.
            >
            > Ale tak poza tym to uważam że rosyjski to naprawdę
            > ładny język :)
            >
            > (i.e "apart from that I deem russian language really nice")
            >
            > --Piotr
          • Vladimir Yakubov
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 22, 2005
              I speak Russian, but yahoo, isn't displaying the characters correctly,
              so unfortunatly I can't read your message.

              Vladimir