Re: [perlguitest] Problem in installing Win32::GuiTest ..

  • Dhanapalan.C
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
      just try like this
      c:\ppm install Win32::GuiTest

      Pras_15 <pras_15@...> wrote: Hi All

      I downloaded Win32::GuiTest module from cpan and I'm getting the
      following error while installing it.

      I did the followingÂ…

      Perl Makefile.PL

      This generates the Makefile.

      Now when I give nmake

      It errors out as follows

      C:\tmp\tmp6\Win32-GuiTest-0.3>nmake

      =

      Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0

      Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

      gcc -c -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -
      DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DNO

      _HASH_SEED -DUSE_SITECUSTOMIZE -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -
      DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DUSE

      _PERLIO -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX -DHASATTRIBUTE -fno-strict-aliasing -
      O2 -DVERSI

      ON=\"0.3\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.3\" "-IC:\Perl\lib\CORE" GuiTest.c

      gcc: no input files

      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'gcc' : return code '0x1'

      Stop.

      =

      Can you please let me know what might be the problem ?

      Thanks

      Prasanna

      Basic programming language C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C programming language List of programming languages

    • Chris Hilton
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
        You shouldn't need to compile the package from CPAN assuming you're
        using a recent version of ActivePerl from ActiveState. Just extract it
        to a temp directory, open a command prompt, cd to that directory, and
        run "ppm install .\Win32-GuiTest.ppd".

        If you really do need to compile the module, you'll have to use Visual
        C++ to compile it for ActivePerl (not gcc). If you're using cygwin Perl,
        though, you'll need to use cygwin development tools, but I can't help
        you on what exactly.

        Chris Hilton