Problem in installing Win32::GuiTest ..

  • Pras_15
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
      Hi All

      I downloaded Win32::GuiTest module from cpan and I'm getting the
      following error while installing it.

      I did the following…

      Perl Makefile.PL

      This generates the Makefile.

      Now when I give nmake

      It errors out as follows

      C:\tmp\tmp6\Win32-GuiTest-0.3>nmake

      =

      Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0

      Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

      gcc -c -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -
      DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DNO

      _HASH_SEED -DUSE_SITECUSTOMIZE -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -
      DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DUSE

      _PERLIO -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX -DHASATTRIBUTE -fno-strict-aliasing -
      O2 -DVERSI

      ON=\"0.3\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.3\" "-IC:\Perl\lib\CORE" GuiTest.c

      gcc: no input files

      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'gcc' : return code '0x1'

      Stop.

      =

      Can you please let me know what might be the problem ?

      Thanks

      Prasanna
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
        Can you give us details of your perl configuration? Did you get
        binaries from Active or did you compile it yourself?
        --Piotr

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Pras_15" <pras_15@y...> wrote:

        > Hi All
        >

        > I downloaded Win32::GuiTest module from cpan and I'm getting the
        > following error while installing it.
        >

        > I did the following…
        >

        > Perl Makefile.PL
        >

        > This generates the Makefile.
        >

        > Now when I give nmake
        >

        > It errors out as follows
        >

        > C:\tmp\tmp6\Win32-GuiTest-0.3>nmake

        > =
        >
        > Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0
        >
        > Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
        >

        > gcc -c -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -
        > DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DNO
        >
        > _HASH_SEED -DUSE_SITECUSTOMIZE -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -
        > DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DUSE
        >
        > _PERLIO -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX -DHASATTRIBUTE -fno-strict-aliasing -
        > O2 -DVERSI
        >
        > ON=\"0.3\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.3\" "-IC:\Perl\lib\CORE" GuiTest.c
        >
        > gcc: no input files
        >
        > NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'gcc' : return code '0x1'
        >
        > Stop.

        > =
        >

        > Can you please let me know what might be the problem ?
        >

        > Thanks
        >
        > Prasanna

      • Dhanapalan.C
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
          just try like this
          c:\ppm install Win32::GuiTest

          Pras_15 <pras_15@...> wrote: Hi All

[...]

          Basic programming language C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C programming language List of programming languages

        • Chris Hilton
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
            You shouldn't need to compile the package from CPAN assuming you're
            using a recent version of ActivePerl from ActiveState. Just extract it
            to a temp directory, open a command prompt, cd to that directory, and
            run "ppm install .\Win32-GuiTest.ppd".

            If you really do need to compile the module, you'll have to use Visual
            C++ to compile it for ActivePerl (not gcc). If you're using cygwin Perl,
            though, you'll need to use cygwin development tools, but I can't help
            you on what exactly.

            Chris Hilton