Re: "Getting characters from an screen and putting them in another one"

  • ctrondlpaulsden
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2002
      If it is something like an edit control, you should be able to use
      WMGetText to obtain the text and WMSetText to display it on another.

      --- In perlguitest@y..., "hellarleo" <hellarleo@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Members!
      >
      > I need to write an script which need to copy a little text at fixed
      > position of an Windows application screen and paste it to another
      one.
      > Anyone knows how may a do it?
      >
      > Best Regards.
    • hellarleo
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
        First, Thanks for your help.

        However, after use that functions in my code, the text that I get was
        the window text caption, not the data text that I need get.
        What's wrong?

        Thanks Again.

        --- In perlguitest@y..., "ctrondlpaulsden" <ctrondlp@n...> wrote:
        > If it is something like an edit control, you should be able to use
        > WMGetText to obtain the text and WMSetText to display it on another.
        >
        > --- In perlguitest@y..., "hellarleo" <hellarleo@y...> wrote:
        > > Hi Members!
        > >
        > > I need to write an script which need to copy a little text at
        fixed
        > > position of an Windows application screen and paste it to another
        > one.
        > > Anyone knows how may a do it?
        > >
        > > Best Regards.
      • hellarleo
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
          First, Thanks for your help.

          However, after use that functions in my code, the text that I get was
          the window text caption, not the data text that I need get.
          What's wrong?

          Thanks Again.

          --- In perlguitest@y..., "ctrondlpaulsden" <ctrondlp@n...> wrote:
          > If it is something like an edit control, you should be able to use
          > WMGetText to obtain the text and WMSetText to display it on another.
          >
          > --- In perlguitest@y..., "hellarleo" <hellarleo@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi Members!
          > >
          > > I need to write an script which need to copy a little text at
          fixed
          > > position of an Windows application screen and paste it to another
          > one.
          > > Anyone knows how may a do it?
          > >
          > > Best Regards.
        • ctrondlpaulsden
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9, 2002
            Here is some sample code which should help. If it does not, maybe
            you can tell us more specifics, like what type of controls you are
            dealing with...

            # Sample code:

            #! /usr/bin/perl

            use Win32::GuiTest qw/
            FindWindowLike
            WMGetText
            WMSetText
            /;

            # Obtain handle to Notepad window
            my ($win) = FindWindowLike(0, "^Untitled - Notepad", "");
            # Obtain handle to Edit child window
            my ($edit) = FindWindowLike($win, "", "Edit");

            # Place some text into the Edit window
            WMSetText($edit, "Hello, this is sample text.");

            # Get the text BACK from child window
            my $text = WMGetText($edit);

            # Output text recieved to console
            print "Text received: $text\n";