SendKeys/PushButton not working!!!

  • elinamelamed
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2005
      Hi All,
      I've installed the latest Perl version from Active perl on my XP,
      and tried to work with Win32::GuiTest. When I saw that complicated
      code I tried to run not working, I tried the run the simplest code
      that I took from Piotr Kaluski's documentation:

      use Win32::GuiTest qw( FindWindowLike
      PushChildButton );
      use strict;

      my @whnds = FindWindowLike( undef, "^Calculator" );
      if( !@whnds ){
      die "Cannot find window with title/caption Calculator\n";
      }else{
      printf( "Window handle of calculator application is %x\n",
      $whnds[ 0 ] );
      }
      PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 126 ); # Button 2
      PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 92 ); # Button +
      PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 129 ); # Button 5
      PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 112 ); # Button =

      And it didn't work!
      The window handle was found, but the buttons pushes were not accept,
      same for SendKey and PushButton.
      I really don't know what could be the problem.
      Please help,
      Elina
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2005
        It works for me on XP, perl 5.8.7.
        What do you mean saying that button pushes were not accept?
        --Piotr

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "elinamelamed"
        <elinamelamed@y...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > I've installed the latest Perl version from Active perl on my XP,
        > and tried to work with Win32::GuiTest. When I saw that complicated
        > code I tried to run not working, I tried the run the simplest code
        > that I took from Piotr Kaluski's documentation:
        >
        > use Win32::GuiTest qw( FindWindowLike
        > PushChildButton );
        > use strict;
        >
        > my @whnds = FindWindowLike( undef, "^Calculator" );
        > if( !@whnds ){
        > die "Cannot find window with title/caption Calculator\n";
        > }else{
        > printf( "Window handle of calculator application is %x\n",
        > $whnds[ 0 ] );
        > }
        > PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 126 ); # Button 2
        > PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 92 ); # Button +
        > PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 129 ); # Button 5
        > PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 112 ); # Button =
        >

        > And it didn't work!
        > The window handle was found, but the buttons pushes were not
        accept,
        > same for SendKey and PushButton.
        > I really don't know what could be the problem.
        > Please help,
        > Elina

      • elinamelamed
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 18, 2005
          I forgot to mention that I installed GuiTest from CPAN, build Win32-
          GuiTest-1.50.3-ad. The perl version I'm using is also 5.8.7 . The
          strange thing is that shortly after installing the module,
          everything works fine, but after a few hours the SendKeys function
          doesn't send keystrokes as expected. I'm trying to send user and
          password to HTTP authentication message (but same happens with the
          calculator example), and the only key that I see is being sent is
          {TAB}. If I reinstall the module, it works fine. I know that it
          sounds like fiction, but I really don't know what to do...

          Thanks in advance,
          Elina
          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Piotr Kaluski" <pkaluski@p...>