Re: Problem with Sendkeys("{HOME}+{END}")

  • ctrondlpaulsden
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2002
      Jim,

      I had a chance to use Ernesto's example on my Windows XP Home system
      using Notepad and it worked as expected. If you haven't already and
      want to, give his example with the pause (PAU) a try.

      If your test script opens up the application and attempts to select
      the line right away, it might be a timing issue (i.e., maybe SendKeys
      processes before application is finished setting its controls up).
      Look into using WaitWindow.

      Also make sure the Edit control actually has the focus.

      --- In perlguitest@y..., "jimfromf1" <jimfromf1@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Ernesto,
      >
      > Thanks for testing it and getting back to me! After more testing,
      it turns out that it works fine on my Windows 2000 box and fails on
      my Windows XP box. The AUT is just Notepad on both OSs. If I
      type "home shift-end" by hand in Notepad it highlights the line of
      text as it should, but unfortunately GuiTest is not able to do the
      same on XP. Oh well.....

      > It is a great tool though!
      >
      > Jim
      >
      > --- In perlguitest@y..., "erngui" <erngui@a...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > > Sendkeys("{HOME}+{END}")
      > >
      > > I just tried this on my NT box (using 1.49.2):
      > >
      > > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys(qq({PAU 5000}{HOME}+{END}))
      > >
      > > Then I switched over to VC++ and 5 seconds later (as expected)
      the