Re: best wishes!

  • Philip Zembrod
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2005
      > Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:30:46 -0600
      > From: "Danny R. Faught" <faught@...>
      > Subject: Re: best wishes!
      >
      > I have a script that does some kludging around with GetForegroundWindow and GetWindowText to detect modal error dialogs. It does a fairly reliable job of getting past them.
      >
      > I haven't tried to detect non-modal dialogs.

      My approach: I scan for new top level windows 10 times per second and have the rule:
      Every unexpected new top level window is an error. Thus in my test scripts I have to
      announce expected dialogs or message boxes before I click the button or menu item
      that triggers them. This works fine for me.

      Regards
      Philip