Re: Capture error message dialogs

  • brentje
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
      I wonder if Perl can do this at all. I'll be looking this up today,
      but is there a way to hook into the form's Lost Focus event so that my
      script receives that message as well?

      The only other way I can figure to do it is if I make a master script,
      maybe even a C++ program, to first check the form that currently has
      focus to see if it's the form I want. If it is, feed one line of the
      script in, and repeat the process. If it's not, run some other code.
      I'd image that this would have a big effect on processor time though.
      If anyone can think of better ways to do this, please respond.

      Thanks
      Brent

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Piotr Kaluski" <pkaluski@p...> wrote:

      > Good question,
      > There is no direct support for it right now in Win32::GuiTest. But it
      > definitely needs some research, since it is a common problem. I would
      > start from checking what is the parent-child relationships between
      > dialog boxes and other application windows.
      >
      > --Piotr
      >
      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "brentje" <brentje@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > I was wondering if there were an easy way to watch for error message
      > > dialog boxes. Error messages may not always be expected, especially
      > > if the script is working properly and a legitimate bug comes up in the
      > > test. I'd like the script to stop and grab a screenshot of the error
      > > before shutting everything down and moving onto the next test script,
      > > or possibly respond to the message and try to continue the test. I've
      > > already figured out how to take screenshots (Win32::Screenshot is very
      > > nice), so that's one problem down. But I'm not sure how to account
      > > for unexpected error messages.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Brent

    • liu xiaolei