"Getting characters from an screen and putting them in another one"

  • hellarleo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2002
      Hi Members!

      I need to write an script which need to copy a little text at fixed
      position of an Windows application screen and paste it to another one.
      Anyone knows how may a do it?

      Best Regards.
    • ctrondlpaulsden
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7 1:54 PM
        If it is something like an edit control, you should be able to use
        WMGetText to obtain the text and WMSetText to display it on another.

        --- In perlguitest@y..., "hellarleo" <hellarleo@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Members!
        >
        > I need to write an script which need to copy a little text at fixed
        > position of an Windows application screen and paste it to another
        one.
        > Anyone knows how may a do it?
        >
        > Best Regards.
      • hellarleo
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8 9:25 AM
          First, Thanks for your help.

          However, after use that functions in my code, the text that I get was
          the window text caption, not the data text that I need get.
          What's wrong?

          Thanks Again.

          --- In perlguitest@y..., "ctrondlpaulsden" <ctrondlp@n...> wrote:
          > If it is something like an edit control, you should be able to use
          > WMGetText to obtain the text and WMSetText to display it on another.
          >
          > --- In perlguitest@y..., "hellarleo" <hellarleo@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi Members!
          > >
          > > I need to write an script which need to copy a little text at
          fixed
          > > position of an Windows application screen and paste it to another
          > one.
          > > Anyone knows how may a do it?
          > >
          > > Best Regards.
        • hellarleo
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8 9:25 AM
            First, Thanks for your help.

            However, after use that functions in my code, the text that I get was
            the window text caption, not the data text that I need get.
            What's wrong?

            Thanks Again.

            --- In perlguitest@y..., "ctrondlpaulsden" <ctrondlp@n...> wrote:
            > If it is something like an edit control, you should be able to use
            > WMGetText to obtain the text and WMSetText to display it on another.
            >
            > --- In perlguitest@y..., "hellarleo" <hellarleo@y...> wrote:
            > > Hi Members!
            > >
            > > I need to write an script which need to copy a little text at
            fixed
            > > position of an Windows application screen and paste it to another
            > one.
            > > Anyone knows how may a do it?
            > >
            > > Best Regards.
          • ctrondlpaulsden
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9 6:51 AM
              Here is some sample code which should help. If it does not, maybe
              you can tell us more specifics, like what type of controls you are
              dealing with...

              # Sample code:

              #! /usr/bin/perl

              use Win32::GuiTest qw/
              FindWindowLike
              WMGetText
              WMSetText
              /;

              # Obtain handle to Notepad window
              my ($win) = FindWindowLike(0, "^Untitled - Notepad", "");
              # Obtain handle to Edit child window
              my ($edit) = FindWindowLike($win, "", "Edit");

              # Place some text into the Edit window
              WMSetText($edit, "Hello, this is sample text.");

              # Get the text BACK from child window
              my $text = WMGetText($edit);

              # Output text recieved to console
              print "Text received: $text\n";