"Getting characters from an screen and putting them in another one"

  • hellarleo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2002
      Hi Members!

      I need to write an script which need to copy a little text at fixed
      position of an Windows application screen and paste it to another one.
      Anyone knows how may a do it?

      Best Regards.
    • ctrondlpaulsden
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2002
        If it is something like an edit control, you should be able to use
        WMGetText to obtain the text and WMSetText to display it on another.

        --- In perlguitest@y..., "hellarleo" <hellarleo@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Members!
        >
        > I need to write an script which need to copy a little text at fixed
        > position of an Windows application screen and paste it to another
        one.
        > Anyone knows how may a do it?
        >
        > Best Regards.
      • hellarleo
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
          First, Thanks for your help.

          However, after use that functions in my code, the text that I get was
          the window text caption, not the data text that I need get.
          What's wrong?

          Thanks Again.

          --- In perlguitest@y..., "ctrondlpaulsden" <ctrondlp@n...> wrote:
          > If it is something like an edit control, you should be able to use
          > WMGetText to obtain the text and WMSetText to display it on another.
          >
          > --- In perlguitest@y..., "hellarleo" <hellarleo@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi Members!
          > >
          > > I need to write an script which need to copy a little text at
          fixed
          > > position of an Windows application screen and paste it to another
          > one.
          > > Anyone knows how may a do it?
          > >
          > > Best Regards.
        • hellarleo
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
            First, Thanks for your help.

            However, after use that functions in my code, the text that I get was
            the window text caption, not the data text that I need get.
            What's wrong?

            Thanks Again.

            --- In perlguitest@y..., "ctrondlpaulsden" <ctrondlp@n...> wrote:
            > If it is something like an edit control, you should be able to use
            > WMGetText to obtain the text and WMSetText to display it on another.
            >
            > --- In perlguitest@y..., "hellarleo" <hellarleo@y...> wrote:
            > > Hi Members!
            > >
            > > I need to write an script which need to copy a little text at
            fixed
            > > position of an Windows application screen and paste it to another
            > one.
            > > Anyone knows how may a do it?
            > >
            > > Best Regards.
          • ctrondlpaulsden
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9, 2002
              Here is some sample code which should help. If it does not, maybe
              you can tell us more specifics, like what type of controls you are
              dealing with...

              # Sample code:

              #! /usr/bin/perl

              use Win32::GuiTest qw/
              FindWindowLike
              WMGetText
              WMSetText
              /;

              # Obtain handle to Notepad window
              my ($win) = FindWindowLike(0, "^Untitled - Notepad", "");
              # Obtain handle to Edit child window
              my ($edit) = FindWindowLike($win, "", "Edit");

              # Place some text into the Edit window
              WMSetText($edit, "Hello, this is sample text.");

              # Get the text BACK from child window
              my $text = WMGetText($edit);

              # Output text recieved to console
              print "Text received: $text\n";