is there a method that can find a handle of a combobox based on displayed text s

  • oohay1_2005
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2005
      is there a method that can find a handle of a combobox based on
      displayed text string? or
      any others approach to this?

      the combo for the ui that i'm working with is not always at the same
      array index;
      sometimes there are more or less combo on a ui. thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2005
        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "oohay1_2005" <oohay1_2005@y...>
        wrote:

        > is there a method that can find a handle of a combobox based on
        > displayed text string? or
        > any others approach to this?
        >
        > the combo for the ui that i'm working with is not always at the same
        > array index;
        > sometimes there are more or less combo on a ui. thanks

        There is no function to do it in one step which I know of. What you
        can do you can iterate through all comboboxes, checking them with
        WMGetText.
        --Piotr