Re: Problem with Sendkeys("{HOME}+{END}")

  • erngui
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2002
      Hi,

      > Sendkeys("{HOME}+{END}")

      I just tried this on my NT box (using 1.49.2):

      Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys(qq({PAU 5000}{HOME}+{END}))

      Then I switched over to VC++ and 5 seconds later (as expected) the
      current line was selected.

      Unless it's something OS specific (I doubt it), I'd check by hand if
      your AUT really supports SHIFT+END. I know it sounds silly, but you
      never know...

      Regards,
      Ernesto.
      -- Ernesto Guisado (http://triumvir.org)
    • jimfromf1
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 26, 2002
        Hi Ernesto,

        Thanks for testing it and getting back to me! After more testing, it turns out that it works fine on my Windows 2000 box and fails on my Windows XP box. The AUT is just Notepad on both OSs. If I type "home shift-end" by hand in Notepad it highlights the line of text as it should, but unfortunately GuiTest is not able to do the same on XP. Oh well.....

        It is a great tool though!

        Jim

        --- In perlguitest@y..., "erngui" <erngui@a...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > > Sendkeys("{HOME}+{END}")
        >
        > I just tried this on my NT box (using 1.49.2):
        >
        > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys(qq({PAU 5000}{HOME}+{END}))
        >
        > Then I switched over to VC++ and 5 seconds later (as expected) the
        > current line was selected.
        >
        > Unless it's something OS specific (I doubt it), I'd check by hand if
        > your AUT really supports SHIFT+END. I know it sounds silly, but you
        > never know...
        >
        > Regards,
        > Ernesto.
        > -- Ernesto Guisado (http://triumvir.org)
      • ctrondlpaulsden
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2002
          Jim,

          I had a chance to use Ernesto's example on my Windows XP Home system
          using Notepad and it worked as expected. If you haven't already and
          want to, give his example with the pause (PAU) a try.

          If your test script opens up the application and attempts to select
          the line right away, it might be a timing issue (i.e., maybe SendKeys
          processes before application is finished setting its controls up).
          Look into using WaitWindow.

          Also make sure the Edit control actually has the focus.