Is there any method through which we can schedule a service ??

  • Abhishek Singh
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 14, 2005
      Hi Guys

      Is there any method through which we can schedule a service (that can be restarted in every 30 minutes) running on Wndows 2000 Professional.

      Regards

      Abhishek

    • tobin_cataldo
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 9, 2006
        Has anybody found a solution to this without using SendRawKey?

        SendKeys("+({DOWN 100})");
        and{PGDN} jam the shift as well, without actually highlighting.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "rmqa_group" <rmqa_group@...> wrote:

        > Hmmm, strange.
        >
        > The "+" (shift) modifier doesn't seem to work with either {HOME} or
        > {END}. I've not had need to use it in this combination, though +{TAB}
        > seems to work as expected.
        >
        > It also seems to "jam" the shift key, as switching to another
        > application after the script, you may find the shift still engaged.
        >
        > You may have to resort to using the SendRawKey function instead...
        >
        > DH
        >
        > > Here is a simple program which shows the problem. When the
        > highlight
        > > button is selected, the curser just goes to the end of the text.
        > The
        > > text is not highlighted. Any suggestions?
        > >
        > > use Tk;
        > > use Win32::GuiTest qw(SendKeys );
        > >
        > > my $mw = MainWindow->new;
        > >
        > > my $e = $mw->Entry->pack;
        > > $e->insert(0, "Test String");
        > >
        > > my $f = $mw->Frame->pack;
        > >
        > > $f->Button(
        > > -text => "Highlight",
        > > -command => [\&highlight, $e]
        > > )->pack(-side => 'left');
        > >
        > > MainLoop;
        > >
        > > sub highlight
        > > {
        > > my $e = shift;
        > > $e->focusForce;
        > > SendKeys("{HOME}+({END}) {DELETE}");
        > > }

      • brentje
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 28, 2006
          I think I have an explaination at least...

          Been checking out the GuiTest.XS code, since I'm having a problem
          sending brackets through SendKeys. Appearently there are 2 more
          modifiers that aren't documented: the ( and the ). They are used as a
          pseudo shiftlock. The + modifier only works for the very next
          character after it, and the shift key is released after that character
          is processed. Now you would hope that either using

          SendKeys("{HOME}+{END}{DELETE}")

          on a text field would do what you want...highlight all the text in a
          text field and delete it. You would also hope that if that didn't
          work, that

          SendKeys("{HOME}({END}){DELETE}")

          would work. BUT...whenever the SendKeysImp function in the
          GuiTest.XS, the function called my SendKeys, processes a { character,
          the Shift flag for either the + or ( modifiers gets reset and turned
          off. So it's technically impossible to have it hold down the Shift
          and any special keys at the same time using SendKeys.

          As for it jamming the Shift key to be always on...still haven't
          figured that out. It seems to happen whenever the ( and ) modifiers
          are used as well. The Shift just doesn't disengage. I haven't had it
          happen to me with the + modifier, and haven't tried the {SHIFT}
          special key, but it definately happens with ( and ).

          OH, and if you were like me and wondered how exactly you send the
          literal characters instead of the modifier, just put it in squigly
          braces {}. As in:

          SendKeys("{(}This is in brackets{)}");

          That should produce:

          (This is in brackets)

          So...I think you might be out of luck unfortunately. The only way
          I've been able to do it is with the mouse.
          Here's my function:

          sub ClearEditControl
          {
          my $H_Control = shift;

          my $i_Y = 0;
          my $i_LeftX = 0;
          my $i_TopY = 0;
          my $i_RightX = 0;
          my $i_BottomY = 0;

          ($i_LeftX, $i_TopY, $i_RightX, $i_BottomY) = GetWindowRect(
          $H_Control );

          $i_Y = $i_TopY + (int(($i_BottomY - $i_TopY)/2));

          tt_MoveMouse($i_LeftX, $i_Y);

          SendLButtonDown();

          tt_MoveMouse($i_RightX, $i_Y);

          SendLButtonUp();

          SendKeys("{DELETE}");

          }

          Good luck, and post your workaround if you find another one...

          Brent

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 14, 2006
            Hi,
            I have carefully checked what you have written. I have also run the
            script using Tk, attached below. Everything worked as expected.
            Below is the script, which uses Notepad.

            use Win32::GuiTest qw( :ALL );
            my @wnd = FindWindowLike( 0, "Untitled - Notepad" );

            SetForegroundWindow( $wnd[ 0 ] );
            SendKeys( "{HOME}" );
            sleep( 1 );
            SendKeys( "+{END}" );
            sleep( 1 );
            SendKeys( "{DELETE}" );
            print "\n";

            It does exactly what is expected. It goes to beginning of the line, it
            selects the whole line and then deletes it.

            In order to get a shift pressed, you have to use +. If you want it to
            be kept for more then one character, you take all to-be-shifted
            characters in parens "()". "()" by themself only group characters. I
            did not observe them working as a shift key.

            And what do you mean by jaming? How does it manifest itself?
            What windows version do you use?

            --Piotr

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 20, 2007
              OK. I have the same problem. I got it on a machine with Polish version
              of XP. And in the same time it works fine on a machine with US XP.

              More investigation is needed. But for sure there is a problem...

              --Piotr