Re: Navigate to a page in IE and pull text to determine success

  • ross_j_anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2005
      You might try using WWW::Mechanize to pull text out. HTTP::Recorder
      can be used to automatically generate Mechnanize scripts. It is an
      agent for HTTP::Proxy which records the web page interaction and
      captures it to script. Both are pretty sweet. HTTP::Recorder is a
      pain to get working on windows and require Perl 5.8.
      -ross
    • rmqa_group
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 2005
        I use code along the lines of:

        $IEpage = Win32::IE::Mechanize->new( <insert options as required> );
        $AMIIE->get(<insert web page address here>);
        $content=$IEpage->content;
        if ($content =~ /footer\.gif/i) #Look for image at bottom of page
        {
        print "go it\n";
        }

        It's easy enough to replace the image being searched for in the
        example above with some unique text (eg: copyright notice), though
        text tends to download before images, so it makes more sense to look
        for an image if you need to ensure the page has fully loaded.

        Hope this helps.
        DH