Re: [perlguitest] Navigate to a page in IE and pull text to determine success

  • saud aziz
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2005
      Try looking into selenium or Ruby's watir module for browser related
      testing.

      --
      "..man is a human being, not because of his physical powers for physically
      the camel is his superior; not because of his size for the elephant is

    • ross_j_anderson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2005
        You might try using WWW::Mechanize to pull text out. HTTP::Recorder
        can be used to automatically generate Mechnanize scripts. It is an
        agent for HTTP::Proxy which records the web page interaction and
        captures it to script. Both are pretty sweet. HTTP::Recorder is a
        pain to get working on windows and require Perl 5.8.
        -ross
      • rmqa_group
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 24, 2005
          I use code along the lines of:

          $IEpage = Win32::IE::Mechanize->new( <insert options as required> );
          $AMIIE->get(<insert web page address here>);
          $content=$IEpage->content;
          if ($content =~ /footer\.gif/i) #Look for image at bottom of page
          {
          print "go it\n";
          }

          It's easy enough to replace the image being searched for in the
          example above with some unique text (eg: copyright notice), though
          text tends to download before images, so it makes more sense to look
          for an image if you need to ensure the page has fully loaded.

          Hope this helps.
          DH