Re: [perlguitest] Release 1.50.4 is ready on source forge.

  • rafe lafrance
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005

      TO MODERATORS: Please wait a while with approving this post. Author of the post is not sure if want to post it here.

      --Piotr Kaluski

      Thanks for the update & your words of encouragement.

      I'm in the process of improving on the GetPopupHandle
      methods so that you can get it either via a mouse
      click or via a hot key. I have to do this for work.
      After I get the c++ classes done I'll translate them
      into something that others may be able to use & submit
      for your approval.

      x) The big change I wanted to submit was that I had
      worked out getting the listview subitems but, after
      reading some posts, it seems that you've already have
      that covered.

      Some of other the testing requirements that I have to
      cover may be rather unique to our organization so I'm
      not 100% if you need them.

      1) We have to test for changes in the background color
      of controls. White = empty, Yellow = partial input,
      red = invalid & green = valid. I grab a pixel color to
      do this. It's rather trivial but helpful to have
      packaged.
      - Get a device context
      - Grab a pixel
      - release a device context

      2) Doing a GetKeyState() isn't very useful to guitest
      because it is a direct translation of Win32GUI. For
      some odd reason GetAsyncKeyState() isn't working
      robustly for me.

      3) GetClientRect was not implemented in the older
      version... I'll check on the current one.

      4) I also implemented the extended flag for some of
      the keys so that I can do highlight deletes like
      SendKeys("{HOME}{SHIFT}{END}{DELETE}"). I cannot take
      credit for that, I saw it in the archives from a
      couple of years ago and tweaked a little.

      If any of these may be interesting then say so & I'll
      send them.

      thanks,
      rafe

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/ndFolB/TM

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
        I just want to explain a strange header of this post. Rafe initially
        intented to send this mail to me only. After realizing a mistake, he
        informed me about it. As a moderator I could delete this post, but I
        thought this is a valuable post, so I tried to convince Rafe to let
        the message go to the group. I only made a note in the post for other
        moderators to wait a little bit. Unfortunatelly, there is a way of
        approving the post, without viewing it on yahoo. Whenever moderator
        gets a notification of a new post, he gets a copy of it. Of course,
        this copy did not contain my modifications to the post.
        I apologize you all for the confusion and Rafe for the fact that the
        post went public without his approval

        --Piotr

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, rafe lafrance <rafelafrance@y...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005

          > If any of these may be interesting then say so & I'll
          > send them.

          Go ahead. Send me modified files and post diff output to the group, so
          everyone can comment it.

          --Piotr