Re: [perlguitest] Release 1.50.4 is ready on source forge.

  • Gábor Szabó
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
      congratulations !

      Gabor
    • rafe lafrance
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005

        TO MODERATORS: Please wait a while with approving this post. Author of the post is not sure if want to post it here.

        --Piotr Kaluski

        Thanks for the update & your words of encouragement.

        I'm in the process of improving on the GetPopupHandle
        methods so that you can get it either via a mouse
        click or via a hot key. I have to do this for work.
        After I get the c++ classes done I'll translate them
        into something that others may be able to use & submit
        for your approval.

        x) The big change I wanted to submit was that I had
        worked out getting the listview subitems but, after
        reading some posts, it seems that you've already have
        that covered.

        Some of other the testing requirements that I have to
        cover may be rather unique to our organization so I'm
        not 100% if you need them.

        1) We have to test for changes in the background color
        of controls. White = empty, Yellow = partial input,
        red = invalid & green = valid. I grab a pixel color to
        do this. It's rather trivial but helpful to have
        packaged.
        - Get a device context
        - Grab a pixel
        - release a device context

        2) Doing a GetKeyState() isn't very useful to guitest
        because it is a direct translation of Win32GUI. For
        some odd reason GetAsyncKeyState() isn't working
        robustly for me.

        3) GetClientRect was not implemented in the older
        version... I'll check on the current one.

        4) I also implemented the extended flag for some of
        the keys so that I can do highlight deletes like
        SendKeys("{HOME}{SHIFT}{END}{DELETE}"). I cannot take
        credit for that, I saw it in the archives from a
        couple of years ago and tweaked a little.

        If any of these may be interesting then say so & I'll
        send them.

        thanks,
        rafe

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/ndFolB/TM

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
          Hi,
          I just want to explain a strange header of this post. Rafe initially
          intented to send this mail to me only. After realizing a mistake, he
          informed me about it. As a moderator I could delete this post, but I
          thought this is a valuable post, so I tried to convince Rafe to let
          the message go to the group. I only made a note in the post for other
          moderators to wait a little bit. Unfortunatelly, there is a way of
          approving the post, without viewing it on yahoo. Whenever moderator
          gets a notification of a new post, he gets a copy of it. Of course,
          this copy did not contain my modifications to the post.
          I apologize you all for the confusion and Rafe for the fact that the
          post went public without his approval

          --Piotr

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, rafe lafrance <rafelafrance@y...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005

            > If any of these may be interesting then say so & I'll
            > send them.

            Go ahead. Send me modified files and post diff output to the group, so
            everyone can comment it.

            --Piotr