Release 1.50.4 is ready on source forge.

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
      These are changes:

      - Added some code to Makefile.PL to help with environments
      where file name case is of concern. (CTRONDLP)
      - Fixed case of GetMenuItemID
      - FindWindowLike will now handle control Ids = 0.
      - Added following functions:
      * AllocateVirtualBuffer
      * FreeVirtualBuffer
      * ReadFromVirtualBuffer
      * WriteToVirtualBuffer
      All those functions can be implementing marshaling when sending
      messages to advanced controls
      * WaitForReady
      * SelComboString
      * PushChildById
      - Rewriten function SelTreeViewItemPath
      - Modified POD in GuiTest.pm in INSTALLATION section. Added SEE
      ALSO
      - Added Rafe Lafrance's GetPopupHandle

      Documentation is updated.
    • Gábor Szabó
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2005
        congratulations !

        Gabor
      • rafe lafrance
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005

          TO MODERATORS: Please wait a while with approving this post. Author of the post is not sure if want to post it here.

          --Piotr Kaluski

          Thanks for the update & your words of encouragement.

          I'm in the process of improving on the GetPopupHandle
          methods so that you can get it either via a mouse
          click or via a hot key. I have to do this for work.
          After I get the c++ classes done I'll translate them
          into something that others may be able to use & submit
          for your approval.

          x) The big change I wanted to submit was that I had
          worked out getting the listview subitems but, after
          reading some posts, it seems that you've already have
          that covered.

          Some of other the testing requirements that I have to
          cover may be rather unique to our organization so I'm
          not 100% if you need them.

          1) We have to test for changes in the background color
          of controls. White = empty, Yellow = partial input,
          red = invalid & green = valid. I grab a pixel color to
          do this. It's rather trivial but helpful to have
          packaged.
          - Get a device context
          - Grab a pixel
          - release a device context

          2) Doing a GetKeyState() isn't very useful to guitest
          because it is a direct translation of Win32GUI. For
          some odd reason GetAsyncKeyState() isn't working
          robustly for me.

          3) GetClientRect was not implemented in the older
          version... I'll check on the current one.

          4) I also implemented the extended flag for some of
          the keys so that I can do highlight deletes like
          SendKeys("{HOME}{SHIFT}{END}{DELETE}"). I cannot take
          credit for that, I saw it in the archives from a
          couple of years ago and tweaked a little.

          If any of these may be interesting then say so & I'll
          send them.

          thanks,
          rafe

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/ndFolB/TM

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
            I just want to explain a strange header of this post. Rafe initially
            intented to send this mail to me only. After realizing a mistake, he
            informed me about it. As a moderator I could delete this post, but I
            thought this is a valuable post, so I tried to convince Rafe to let
            the message go to the group. I only made a note in the post for other
            moderators to wait a little bit. Unfortunatelly, there is a way of
            approving the post, without viewing it on yahoo. Whenever moderator
            gets a notification of a new post, he gets a copy of it. Of course,
            this copy did not contain my modifications to the post.
            I apologize you all for the confusion and Rafe for the fact that the
            post went public without his approval

            --Piotr

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, rafe lafrance <rafelafrance@y...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005

              > If any of these may be interesting then say so & I'll
              > send them.

              Go ahead. Send me modified files and post diff output to the group, so
              everyone can comment it.

              --Piotr