Java GUI

  • Mathieu Mailhot
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2002

      I wouldlike to use the Perl "TestGui" lib to test a
      Java GUI but when I try to send a mouse event to the
      GUI like this:

      Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{LEFTCLICK}");

      The GUI report this error:

      Exception occurred during event dispatching:
      java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 >= 0
      at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.isEnabledAt(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI.selectPreviousTab(Unknown
      So
      urce)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI.navigateSelectedTab(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTabbedPaneUI$LeftAction.actionPerformed(U
      nknown Source)
      at
      javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
      at
      java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processKeyEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown
      Source)
      at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
      Source)

      at
      java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown
      Source)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown
      Source)

      Do you know if it's possible to test Java GUI with
      this lib?

      Thanks again for the help!

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • ctrondlpaulsden
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2002
        In your message you mention SendKeys. I'm not sure if this was a
        typo in your message, but you will most likely want to use SendMouse
        instead (for mouse events).

        If you ARE using SendMouse, I would be curious as to why it is not
        working. Maybe someone else within the group has a quick idea.