Win32::GUI sends Undefined subroutine

  • lunar_david
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 20, 2005
      Hi

      I downloaded Win32::GUI module:

      Win32-GUI-1.0-PPM-5.8.zip PPM distribution for Active Perl 5.8

      From
      http://rocherl.club.fr/Win32GUI.html

      PPM Installation ran fine, when I try to use SelectString
      I got
      "Undefined subroutine &Funclists::SelectString called at
      Functions/FuncList.pm line 225, <GUIFILE line 9"

      1) does anyone know how to define the subroutine?

      or...

      2) it may be that I need a newer Win33::GUI version?
      2.a) in such case, were can I find it?
    • Nahum Cohen
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 20, 2005
        Did you try to call the function like that:
        Win32::GUI:SelectString()

        On 9/21/05, lunar_david <lunar_david@...> wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > I downloaded Win32::GUI module:
        >
        > Win32-GUI-1.0-PPM-5.8.zip PPM distribution for Active Perl 5.8
        >
        > From
        > http://rocherl.club.fr/Win32GUI.html
        >
        > PPM Installation ran fine, when I try to use SelectString
        > I got
        > "Undefined subroutine &Funclists::SelectString called at
        > Functions/FuncList.pm line 225, <GUIFILE line 9"
        >

        > 1) does anyone know how to define the subroutine?
        >
        > or...
        >
        > 2) it may be that I need a newer Win33::GUI version?
        > 2.a) in such case, were can I find it?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • lunar_david
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 21, 2005
          Hi
          with Win32::GUI:SelectString()
          I got Syntax error

          just for the record I got a newer version:
          Win32-GUI-1.02-PPM-5.8
          from
          http://sourceforge.net/projects/perl-win32-gui
          and still having the same problem

          thanks

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Nahum Cohen <nahum.cohen@g...>
          wrote:
          > Did you try to call the function like that:
          > Win32::GUI:SelectString()
          >

          > On 9/21/05, lunar_david <lunar_david@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi
          > >
          > > I downloaded Win32::GUI module:
          > >
          > > Win32-GUI-1.0-PPM-5.8.zip PPM distribution for Active Perl 5.8
          > >
          > > From
          > > http://rocherl.club.fr/Win32GUI.html
          > >
          > > PPM Installation ran fine, when I try to use SelectString
          > > I got
          > > "Undefined subroutine &Funclists::SelectString called at
          > > Functions/FuncList.pm line 225, <GUIFILE line 9"
          > >

          > > 1) does anyone know how to define the subroutine?
          > >
          > > or...
          > >
          > > 2) it may be that I need a newer Win33::GUI version?
          > > 2.a) in such case, were can I find it?
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • lunar_david
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 29, 2005
            Maybe this is not the right forum cause my problem is about
            Win32::GUI not Win32::Guitest, but anyway, does anyboy knows how
            to select an item in a listbox Using Win32:GUI?

            I have tried:

            FindString(STRING, [INDEX])
            FindStringExact(STRING, [INDEX])
            GetString(INDEX)
            SelectString(STRING, [INDEX])

            For reference see:
            http://dada.perl.it/gui_docs/Listbox.html#Methods

            with no success.

            OR

            any suggestion using how to get the listbox item with Win32:GuiTest?

            any help will be appreciated

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "lunar_david" <lunar_david@y...>

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 29, 2005
              > I have tried:
              > with no success.

              That's terrible. Please accept our condelences.
              Once you recover from this tragedy, please consider sending us a
              sample
              code (including 'use' statements), information about context in which
              you use it and the exact description of the problem you have. Then we
              will be able not only to feel sympathy for you, but also to help you.

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 29, 2005

                > any suggestion using how to get the listbox item with Win32:GuiTest?

                Try these 2 functions
                http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/docs/ch05s02.html#id5465661