Re: Accessing menu objects

  • jimfromf1
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2002
      Thanks for the reply! --- but unfortunately I'm having problems with "MenuSelect". "MenuSelect" doesn't seem to be exported by Win32::GuiTest and I get the following error when I try to do Win32::GuiTest::MenuSelect("&File|&Exit") .......

      Can't locate auto/Win32/GuiTest/MenuSelect.al in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .)

      Any ideas? Thanks again for the help!

      Jim

      --- In perlguitest@y..., "ctrondlpaulsden" <ctrondlp@n...> wrote:
      > # This example closes Notepad through the menu if it is in the
      > # foreground. Note: Options are available for MenuSelect to close
      > # windows which aren't in the foreground.
      > MenuSelect("&File|E&xit");
      >
      > --- In perlguitest@y..., "jimfromf1" <jimfromf1@y...> wrote:
      > > I'm new to Win32::GuiTest and am having trouble trying to
      > understand how to do some things. For a simple example, I can't see
      > how to access the "File" menu in applications other than by using
      > SendKeys with shortcuts. Using Notepad as an example, I'd like to be
      > able to click on "File" and then "Open" or "Save As". Is there a way
      > to do this with Win32::GuiTest?????
      > >
      > > Thanks for you help!
      > >
      > > Jim
    • jimfromf1
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2002
        Ahhh, I see now. I was using version 1.31 from CPAN. I just saw the announcement about 1.49 being available (but not in CPAN yet). I just installed 1.49 and it's working great now. Thanks for your help! This is a great tool!

        Jim