Possible Bug with SendKey holding shift.

  • ben_cuthbert
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2005
      I have been testing the SendKeys function with holding down shift.
      when i use SendKeys("+({RIGHT})"); the information on screen shows
      that the keyboard hits the right arrow and i can see it move, but it
      does not hold down shift. Very strange bec if you ask it to write in
      capitals it works?

      Anyone else getting this ?
    • Chris Hilton
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13, 2005
        Not sure what the problem is, but it may be similar to trying to
        shift-click with a mouse. You might try the following workaround:

        SendRawKey(VK_LSHIFT);
        SendKeys("{RIGHT}");
        SendRawKey(VK_LSHIFT, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP);

        Chris Hilton

      • ben_cuthbert
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 13, 2005
          Does one need a second argument on the SendRawKey(VK_LSHIFT);
          i did try it with ,0 but i still did not get what i was looking for...

          with my keyboard entering the command
          HOLD SHIFT + RIGHT all data is selected.

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton" <chilton@a...> wrote:
          > Not sure what the problem is, but it may be similar to trying to
          > shift-click with a mouse. You might try the following workaround:
          >
          > SendRawKey(VK_LSHIFT);
          > SendKeys("{RIGHT}");
          > SendRawKey(VK_LSHIFT, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP);
          >
          > Chris Hilton

        • ben_cuthbert
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 13, 2005
            Yup the one that worked was

            SendRawKey(VK_SHIFT, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY);
            SendKeys("{RIGHT}");

            Thanks for the help.....

            Funny that SendKeys is not that great as some functions.

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton" <chilton@a...> wrote:
            > Not sure what the problem is, but it may be similar to trying to
            > shift-click with a mouse. You might try the following workaround:
            >
            > SendRawKey(VK_LSHIFT);
            > SendKeys("{RIGHT}");
            > SendRawKey(VK_LSHIFT, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP);
            >
            > Chris Hilton

          • ben_cuthbert
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 13, 2005
              I have noticed one thing using SendRawKeys.... it does not release the
              keyboard back to normal functioning when you use it, you need to wait
              about a minute before you can start type on the keyboard is that normal.

              Or should you have like a global release function.